About Me

My photo
My name is Jeannie. I am a Mommy/Wife by day and a Registered Nurse by night.

1.12.2010

Looking back

When I recently turned 24, the strangest feeling came upon me. I am an adult. I work full time in a real job, I'm married, most of my friends have kids, I own a home, I own a car, I go on vacations independently and so on. Then this month came, January 2010, holy crap. Where have the years gone? First of all, 2010...seriously? I remember in 2nd grade writing a paper that was titled, "Myself in 2010." The assignment was to predict where we would be and what we would be doing etc. I don't know where it is, but I remember thinking that I would be a movie star or working in an ice cream parlor of sorts.

On January 5, 2010 it was our 4th wedding anniversary. Jason and I have been together for 5 years total. Insane. It doesn't feel like it's been that long...at all.

I don't know what my deal is lately, but I have been reflecting on my life and what I want to do next. It's on my mind all of the time. I am at the point where I'm asking myself, "kids? grad school? kids? nothing? travel?...Jason, what am I gonna do with my life?" I feel like I am in a hamster wheel.

Today, I had something cross my mind...I think I am going to be finished with planning my life. It has done me little good in the past and things have worked out. For instance, I never planned on getting married at 20 years old. I never planned on becoming a nurse. I never planned on riding dirt bikes for fun. And I certainly never planned on actually enjoying "The View" and looking forward to "20/20" on Friday nights...but I do and I enjoy it. Life has taken me for a ride and I am in love with where I am at. Not saying I'm done with goal setting, just done with planning.

I am content and comfortable with who I am and who I am with.

Probably because Jason is such a gem...

Jason,

We've been together for 5 years!

I remember our wedding day, and how I knew without a doubt that you were the love of my life. However, a lifetime was not enough, so we were married for time and all eternity.



Our first trip as a married couple. We were both in college full time and working full time, so we went on a quick trip to Mexico and called it a "honeymoon." I'm still waiting for my real one...


We adopted our first puppy together and named him Boris. He is our baby, and he is snuggling with me on the couch as I type this. You initially thought that he was going to be a tough little guard dog...so much for that. We were so excited.

You have been obsessed with baseball and The White Sox for just about your entire life. So, we finally went to your first Sox game together, and you were glowing. It was so fun being there with you...even though one side of my body got sun-burned. Remember? I looked like two-face from batman...I think that is his name. You got to see your favorite player, Frank Thomas, and we sat next to that cute little girl and her Dad. It was her first White Sox game too. It was then, that you started looking forward to taking your own kids to baseball games...

Later that year, it snowed in Mesa for the first time in my entire life! I woke you up from a deep sleep and we drove to Higley Rd in order to play in the snow. You were and still are such a good sport. We took a picture with this palm tree, because we thought it was awesome. Snow on a palm tree? I have to admit, it still makes me a bit excited.
This was only the first year of being married. Little did I know, how happy I would be years down the road. Life hasn't been perfect, but of course it hasn't. I look back on my life with you and smile. You are my best friend and I love you. Cheers to 4 years of marriage!

16 comments:

Kathleen said...

congrats on your anniversary, you guys have done so many fun things! and your dirt bike is awesome!

damonandkami said...

Jean that was a very sweet tribute to your awesome husband! I love you guys and Im so happy that we are friends! Let plan a trip together now!!!!

damonandkami said...

Jean that was a very sweet tribute to your awesome husband! I love you guys and Im so happy that we are friends! Let plan a trip together now!!!!

damonandkami said...

Jean that was a very sweet tribute your your awesome husband! Im so glad we are friends! We love you guys! Lets plan a trip together soon!!

Liz said...

You two are so cute together! I think stop stressing about what I am going to do and where I will be in the future. I realized that it is important to focus on the now and be grateful for what you have. That is something I trying to learn. I am so happy for you and Jason! I can't believe its been 4 years! Nav and I are coming up on our 3 year anniversary!! We need to hang out soon! It has been a while!

Josh and Elisha said...

Hey girl, its been so long since you updated. I missed reading about you. I am so happy that life has been good to you! We need to play sometime and catch up!

j & s said...

yay you're back! and happy anniversary! im always catching myself trying to plan out EVERYTHING and it usually doesnt work out. good luck w/ the next steps..you have lots of love and support from everyone! :)

*Becky* said...

Happy Anniversary and glad to see you posted again!! cute post!

Anonymous said...

~~**What a freakin' HAPPY POST!! And.... HAPPY late ANNIVERSARY!!!! Me and Matt just celebrated our ONE YEAR ANNI on Jan. 10th =) Whew~ Where in the heck has this year gone... and to think that you have been married 4 years already?? WOWZERS!!! I remember coming to your wedding- YOU were and still are one of the prettiest girls I know!! You both are adorable together and I am glad that you are both happy and healthy <3 MAYBE.. just MAYBE.. it's time for some BABIES?? I dunno, just a thought. :P Me and Elisha are planning on summer time.. you in??!! That would be soo much fun to be preggers with you two. Miss you lots <3 you**~~

The Blakes said...

Lets not get crazy Monica!

Brea said...

Jeanie that is the cutest post ever! I cannot believe that you and Jason have been married for 5 years! shoot I remember when Andrea and I would run around her house and annoy the crap out of Nate and Jason! haha we were seriously SO annoying! I'm thinking I would love to see "Jeason" someday soon.... just a thought. =)

Whitney said...

woohoo to 4 years!! You are so cute together.

Krystal Arnett said...

So cute, happy anniversary! I likey your no planning idea because you can be a worry wart sometimes, ha ha but I would love you even if you became a bum on the street with nothing to eat!! Lets play...

Krystal Arnett said...

oh and I agree with Monica. Summertime would be a great time to have a baby because I think that is when we are going to try for #4. Number 4 Jeannie, come on 1 sounds so easy compared to 4, you can do it!

******** said...

Hey guys we need your email address we are making our blog private!

Ericka Johnson said...

Sweet post Jeannie.