About Me

My photo
My name is Jeannie. I am a Mommy/Wife by day and a Registered Nurse by night.

4.01.2009

Happy Birthday, bla Bla BLAH

INTRO:
This last week has been ever so fun-filled. It was my mother in law's birthday, then my sissy Olivia's, then my dad's...all in a row! For some reason it is always a huge shocker to me every year. I'm really bad with dates, so at the beginning of the month, Jason will usually say something like, "Oh, it's my mom's birthday this month." Every year, I react with something along the lines of, "Crap, it's March already? Okay, so what do you want to get her...oh, that means it's my Dad's birthday, oh and Olivia's birthday...Jason, I'm freaking out." Yeah, my mister and I are going on five years of being together and each year the birthday trio is still like a surprise. I just have too much nothingness going on in my brain that I forget dates...whatever, that's my excuse anyway. So, I apologize ahead of time for misplacing your birthday in my head or forgetting important things.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to celebrate more. That may seem so easy for most people, but I always have "important" things on the brain and it is difficult for me to just chill. I know, don't I sound fun? I may look like I am zoning out or day dreaming into space, but I'm actually thinking about important stuff people! Anyway, so that is why I decided to celebrate more, life should be more fun.... Here is my baby and me out on the town, approaching my parents home. I look butt ugly in this picture, but this is the reality.

So, after I dropped Boris off at my parent's house, we were on our way to TED'S Hot Dogs in Tempe. I am a hot dog lover, don't judge me, I think they are amazing. I love a good "Chicago Style" dog on any day of the week. I mean, what's not to like, an entire pickle slice! Also, I may not be able to identify objects and shapes, especially from a "bird's eye view," but I do know one thing... if it's named "Ted's," it is good. I don't make the rules, I just call 'em like I see 'em, you understand...
Then, it was party time baby! The siblings and myself always make fun of Dad because of the way he eats. His eyes get huge and he holds his silverware with a fist and sort of shovels it in. We are all gifted and have the simulation down to an art form.

Even though it was Dad's special day, we made sure to make time for some solid sisterly love....Just don't look away, I will pitch fork you. ...Or flick cake in your face.
For me personally, I thoroughly enjoyed singing "Happy Birthday" to my little bro. When he was little, no matter whose birthday it was, he would pitch a fit until he got to blow out his own candles. So, because my brother is Mom's favorite, she would make him his own cupcake for anyone's birthday party. Then we would have to sing to him and let him blow out the candle. WTF Mom...anyway, here's to old time sake...ugh.Cheers to celebrating more often, the entire year long!

13 comments:

Allie said...

Haha. You are so funny. I love making fun of the way parents eat. Liz and I used to tease my mom for trying to savour her food. Especially with ice-cream. She would eat it in layers off her spoon, leaving a little behind. Like eating a sucker almost. Just licking it. It drove us nuts. We were like, "Sick, just eat it already."
You and your sisters are so pretty. Like you could ever look butt ugly!

damonandkami said...

lol... of course tristin gets his own cupcake! way to many birthdays!! love ya

Devin & Ruthann said...

I can't believe how grown up your family is! Wow, time goes by too fast!

Devin & Ruthann said...

And I agree with Allie: You guys are are lookin' hott!

Hannah + 4 said...

Happy Birthday to all! I think it's hilarious that your mom still makes him his own cup cake! I don't think i've ever watched your dad eat... That is to funny! I will def be watchin him at the next family get together.

Liz said...

I probably look like I am zoning out all the time too! But it's true, you just have so many important things running through your mind! Like Allie said, we totally used to make fun of our mom for the way she eats! I love your impressions of your dad!

P.s. Your family is gorgeous! I never realized there were four of you! Oh and we need to make pizza and go to As You Wish sometime soon!

Olivia Shill said...

by the way none of us nailed dad's face this time but you came the closest. That makes you feel good I know.

Jami said...

first of all, everytime I see you (which is maybe once every 5 years) you look amazing, and I always say "i hate people who look hott all the time". yea, you make me jealous.
Second, you are fun. If I remember right, you were one of the funnest people I knew in high school. I remember in "close up" we had TONS of fun. I don't know why you think you aren't fun!
AND, I think that is all... OH, we love teds too. BUT I hate it how they only except cash. It gets us everytime

Candi said...

I love the fact that you like hot dogs...it makes life so real! plus I wont judge..love it! I also love Olivia's impression of your dad eating! Priceless! I am glad you are celebrating life,that is what it is all about. Enjoy!

*Becky* said...

Yay that sounds like a lot of fun and you crack me up!

Camille Elise said...

Well hello there! Didn't think i'd ever hear from you again. From a quick blog skim, it looks like things are moving on up for you. Hot guy, graduated...what else? Oh yes, cute dog. :) How's life 5 years past high school?

Alisa said...

hey- if you are still looking and are interested in a 8 week new grad program let me know. I know you already have some RN work experience but they are looking for 6 applicants and asked me for some referrals. alisa.button@gmail.com

Ericka Johnson said...

I always think about Olivia and your dad around the end of March, but never get around to sending a card. You guys all look so great, but please tell me that isn't Maddy! Shouldn't she still be in diapers? I'm so old.