About Me

My photo
My name is Jeannie. I am a Mommy/Wife by day and a Registered Nurse by night.

4.20.2009

It's been one of those zip-a-dee-doo-dah days...

You know when you open your mouth to speak and a song suddenly comes out instead? My friends, that is what a zip-a-dee-doo-dah day is. Moving on.... I'm sorry for getting ahead of myself. Lets start at the beginning, shall we? So, I did get a job and I am absolutely relieved. I will be working on an orthopaedic floor at Good Samaritan Hospital in Downtown Phoenix. I worked there as an extern last year, so I know that they have awesome nurses and great management on that floor. Halelujer! I hate to blow passed that, because it is a huge deal for me, but I just had the best weekend ever...


WE WENT TO DISNEYLAND! hooo hooo chicka chicka! It was so much fun. Jason and I sort of planned it at the last minute. And when I say "Jason and I," I mean me. Sometimes you just gotta go with your instincts. I woke up one day and thought, "I want to go visit the happiest place on earth." So, we did. What is my favorite ride? Oh, I thought you would never ask. SPLASH MOUNTAIN! Without a doubt, as evidenced by all of these photos.
"I WANT YOU!"-Jeannie
The next photo is a failure, but I'm all about the reality, so I posted it. SHAMEFUL is what I will name this one. Jason is doing the oh so original "thinker" and I'm doing the "Titanic Scene." You probably haven't seen these poses before...so....
That's right mother truckers! We got swagger...
I think my hands look like Jim Carrey's version of "The Grinch." You know how is hands hyper-extend?Did I ever tell you that my Jason is an artist? This picture has life meaning that only we could appreciate. If you haven't seen the skit on SNL called "Gilly" then you should go to http://www.hulu.com/ and type in SNL Gilly. It will explain my pose...
Yeah, we are every disneylander's worst nightmare. I wonder how many family portrait's we ruined that day... I mean, really. For instance, the last photo presented...it was that little girl's first time at Disneyland. You know they purchased a copy. I half-way feel bad, because splash mountain is my happy thought and I will sacrifice that for no one, NO ONE! My dream is to have a backstage pass to this ride. There are so many nooks and crannies that I want to explore. Magical.
I realized that I wasn't on vacation anymore when I drove Jason's truck to Phoenix this afternoon. My tire blew out. I sat on the freeway for like an hour before I was helped. I even broke into the "ugly cry." There is a normal, sweet cry, and then there is the "ugly cry." This consists of a yelling cry with moaning and sniffling along with sporadic choppy gasps. You understand. Jason was awesome, and came to help me because of course "THIS WAS HIS FAULT!" I mean, he was supposed to know this would happen, right? I even hate me sometimes...grievous. He took my ranting and raving like a champ as usual.
Pedaling forward, I went to Fresh and Easy after running an errand in Phoenix when I did the unthinkable. I blew a flippy-floppy. I was graceful as could be, walking down the cheese isle(my favorite isle), when I took a drastic scissor like stumble. I nearly did the splits when my flip flop broke. The front foot went forward at rocket speed and I heard a screech and a stub. It was ugly. So I had to walk like a gimp out of the grocery store like a fool.
I texted Jason, "I am convinced that it is just one of those days that I need to lock myself in the house and give the blinds an occasional flicker in order to view the outside world. I just broke my shoe and almost fell down at Fresh and Easy."
Jason texted back, "don't worry, having more than two blow outs in one day is highly unlikely." He is so wise, and always knows how to make me feel better.

15 comments:

The Blakes said...

heller, I'm doing Gilly in the last picture...psh

Liz said...

I totally broke my flip plop at ASU once! The way you have to walk when there is a broken flip flop involved is extremely ugly! I feel for you! I wish we could have come to Disneyland!! We will have to plan another trip!! I'm so jealous!

Jami said...

um, can we be best friends. I am DYING laughing right now.
Your relationship with Jason is JUST LIKE MINE WITH SPENCER! I am not kidding. One time my radiator blew up, and steam was going everywhere. I was on my way to the zoo. When Spencer came, I chewed him out. hahah, I totally understand about hating yourself sometimes. After I yell at my man for something stupied, I always feel so bad! I wish I could stop...alas...I still do it!

bananas said...

dear jeannie, so here i sit leaving my very first blog comment!nuts!I mean this is serious work!I like the splash photo ops!I am usually wearing a poncho in such photos,but not you jeans.You my friend are a risk taker so...by the way I can get you the splash mountain soundtrack if you are interested!Do not pretend like you are not sucka! Reina

j & s said...

i am so jealous! i have been craving to go to disneyland like a fat girl craves cake! (yea thats me too!) and im so glad you love gilly cause i always do that skit to my husband and he thinks im a doofus...

Hannah + 4 said...

Looks like fun! I've never had a tire blow out but I've had many a flip flop blow outs... I think I almost pee myself laughing everytime I read one of your posts.

Jami said...

I can't believe you remembered where I came from...sometimes I don't even remember that!
Aww, I feel special.

Anonymous said...

Splash Mountain is my favorite too! Small world!!! ha ha You two love birds looked like you had the best time. :) Love you

*Becky* said...

You guys are so hilarious!! I wish I could wake up one day and decide to go to disneyland and actually go. I love all the splash mountain pics. hilarious. And I'm so glad to hear that you have another job!! good for you. what's your schedule like?

Ericka Johnson said...

Oh, I love it! I'm always too scared going over that edge to think about posing--good job! I love Disneyland so much. Congrats on the new job!

The Blakes said...

My schedule is 36 hours a week...still night shifts, which suck in a way. However, you get paid 20% more to work nights, so that is the upside:) I will most likely switch to days eventually if I can.

Krystal Arnett said...

Gilly...Gilly....what hahahaha. Jeannie I love you and why didn't we get invited to Disneyland. Splash Mountain is the bomb diggity and I am wishing I were on it right now. I am so glad you found a job now you can stop frettin like a little spaz that you sometimes are. We need to play soon...I missss you xoxo

Krystal Arnett said...

ha ha I just read your comment and realized I totally flubbed on my Gilly comment. After I wrote it, I felt like something wasn't right. Jason and I do that skit all the time...I can't believe I said it wrong. Ah dangit, I am such a spaz. Gilly....Gilly....sorry

Anonymous said...

jeans, for the record i am excited to see you in a few days! i kinda think you are funny so... not to mention totally HOT! in your words-"that is the reality" reina

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

Love to read your post, Congrats on the new job, and gald you had a ton of fun at Disneyland, sometimes we have to go to our happy places it makes us feel all better, sorry about the blowouts, gald you had someone to rescue you!!!