About Me

My photo
My name is Jeannie. I am a Mommy/Wife by day and a Registered Nurse by night.

10.17.2008

I'M IT!

2-7 Random Corky/Weird Facts About Myself

1. I have a phobia of eating the remainders of any type of food. For example, eating the last pickle in the pickle jar...you can just forget it! Or the last mL of soda in the can... not gonna happen. Jason thinks I'm really annoying when it comes to this. He finds me opening new food items when the old one isn't empty yet. We basically have a fridge full of food with one item left in the pack, or just a little left on the bottom. Weird, I know.

2. I have to have my neck covered when I sleep. This was and still is a bad habit formed when "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" came out on tv. I've secretly been freaked out ever since. For some strange reason, I think that I won't be a victim if my neck/head is covered. I know, it doesn't make sense, but I can't sleep unless my neck is covered.

3. I have a huge DVD collection... love to watch movies. So, can someone explain to me why I get so excited when movies are on tv? I already own it, but now that it's on tv it is so much better and I have to watch! It not only takes longer to view while on tv, because of the commercials, but I already own it. Why do I get so excited? Weird. I think it's like a surprise...maybe?

4. This is something that makes me cringe and want to die. When someone accidently rubs my hand and lifts my nails slightly, it drives me crazy! Especially with my toes. It scares me that my nails will get lifted and fall off. I know that this won't happen unless there is a greater force, but still, it triggers the thought of it and freaks me out. Kills me.

5. I'm really weird with textures. My couch right now is like a tan, suede material and I can touch it. It's fine and comfortable. But if my feet rub against it, it induces a cringe, racing heart and chills. I can't do it. I don't know why.

6. I am deathly afraid of consuming expired food. I throw things away at least two days before the expiration date. It scares me. I just think, maybe the person labeling the expiration dates made a mistake. What if they were wrong and it actually goes bad before the predicted date? I think I know where this one came from. My mom used to buy the gallon chocolate milks from the grocery store. As some of you know, my dad is an elementary school teacher. So one day, he scored a lot of free little chocolate milks from the cafeteria. He came home, opened each of the individual cartons and poured them into one of the old gallon containers that used to hold the store bought chocolate milk. Mind you, they all had their own expiration dates... It doesn't take a genius to figure this one out. Yes, I was not aware of what my dad did. I went to the fridge one day, poured me a huge glass of chocolate milk, and chugged away. It was the sickest thing in the world and almost landed me in the hospital. Truly. The date on the container from which I drank read later than the expiration dates from the individual containers my good ol' dad poured in it. The result was sour sour sour sour milk that made me puke in the kitchen sink.
Thanks Dad

I think I need to go on Intervention. Okay, I tag Kami, Rachel, and Liz.

7 comments:

Krystal Arnett said...

I know really what were we thinking, but who cares we had fun that is all that matters. Who cares who hated us. You have some crazy phobias girl. But I'm not suprised. You have always been my weird little friend, that is why I love you ;) Remember when we used to do the Chocolate skit from SNL with Nicole Kidman and Mike Meyers at Kami's house. She had that helmet and the leash I used to wear. "I'm not supposed to have chocolate" Ha Ha now that was funny stuff. Oh and when I jumped off Kami's wall and broke the not so "unbreakable" movie. I think 2 years later Kami's boyfriend tried to track me down to pay for it. Oh classic. good times. We need to make some more good times soon.

Ericka Johnson said...

Ewww, rotten chocolate milk! Yuck, gross, ugh. No wonder you have a phobia about expiration dates. I love reading about other people's issues--makes me feel better about all of mine!

Krystal Allen Payne said...

Are you kidding me Jeannie!!! Of Course I remember!! That year at girls camp was the best. K, and i'm pretty sure it was me, you and erin but you could have gone ahead for a little bit. but do you remember following that one leader for part of the hike and she was kinda crazy and kept farting the entire hike and we were dying laughing every time? Good Times. You look like you are having so much fun and doing really well. I'm so glad you came accross my blog so we can keep in touch!

Josh and Elisha said...

Soul mate! I bet your the hottest Nurse at the hospital ( your gonna give the old guys a heart attack!) Anyways I love you and hopefully when your done with school we can reunite.

damonandkami said...

okay I am dying laughing right now reading krystals comments! we had some crazy times! krystal he was NOT my boyfriend by the way! I'm crying right now Im laughing so hard!

Chris and Heather said...

Food phobias! I love it! Also, to Krystal- that SNL Skit is classic. Chris and I are always quoting the part about "How come you don't have a harness?" It comes out pretty much any time I hitch up Arthur for a walk!

Hannah + 4 said...

I have the same one about my nails!! I hate it! Billy will run his finger nail under mine or rub his foot against my toe nails and I seriously want to die! -Hannah